Job Summary: To maintain fully-stocked, attractive displays and provide prompt, friendly and helpful customer service.
Are you interested in a year round position in our vibrant, fun cooperative community?
We have IMMEDIATE openings! We’re looking for hardworking, cheerful people with a passion for food, learning and creating delight for others.
Ashland Food Co-op is the region's only Certified Organic Retailer. We're dedicated to providing the best customer experience and the highest quality foods in the region.
We provide a workplace with opportunities for participation, empowerment and growth in an environment of mutual respect and cooperation. We offer highly competitive wages with regular pay increases, shift differential and weekend pay.
Our outstanding benefits include:
- 15% Employee Discount on store purchases.
- Generous paid vacation.
- Excellent nedical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Flexible spending account for health and child care expenses.
- Paid sick days.
- And many more benefits.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds frequently, and up to 60 pounds occasionally.
- Hours are up to 40 per week including early mornings to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Stand and walk for the entire shift
- Be willing/able to work receiving and handling product in a 40° cooler for up to 6 hours per day.
- Ensure that full, attractive, product displays are maintained.
- Rotate and face product to ensure freshness and visibility.
- Ensure that shelf signage is accurate, current, complete and placed correctly.
- Greet and interact with customers in a friendly way.
- Provide prompt, attentive, and helpful customer service.
- Seek out opportunities to provide extraordinary customer service.
- Reliable and punctual attendance.
- Treat all coworkers positively and respectfully, and lend a hand willingly when needed.
- Work quickly and follow procedures.
- Keep all displays and customer areas clean and organized.
If you are interested in joining our amazing, vibrant and fun cooperative community, please complete our Employment Application to be considered for employment. This may be filled out online by clicking the link below, or you can pick one up when you visit our Co-op at 237 N. First Street, Ashland.