Meat and Seafood Assistant
The Ashland Food Co-op is looking for hardworking, courteous people to join our Meat & Seafood Department!
Ashland Food Co-op is the region's only Certified Organic Retailer. We're dedicated to providing the best customer experience and the highest quality foods in the region.
We provide a fun, professional workplace with opportunities for participation, empowerment and growth in an environment of mutual respect and cooperation. At the Ashland Food Co-op, we put people, principles, and the planet before profit and take care of our employees with this principle in mind. We offer competitive wages with regular pay increases, shift differential and weekend pay. Some of our outstanding benefits include: excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid vacation, paid sick days, matching 401K plan, 15% employee discount on all store purchases….and many more!
Job Summary: To maintain fully-stocked, attractive displays and provide prompt, friendly and helpful customer service. To safely handle and process meat and seafood items.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
- Stand and walk for the entire shift.
- Ability to work in a cold work environment.
- Schedule flexibility - must be available to work up to 40 hours per week, any shift or day.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team.
- Ensure that full, attractive product displays are clean and organized.
- Rotate and face product to ensure freshness and visibility.
- Ensure that shelf signage is accurate, current, complete and placed correctly.
- Greet and interact with customers in a friendly way.
- Provide prompt, attentive, and helpful customer service.
- Reliable and punctual attendance for all schedule shifts.
- Treat all coworkers positively and respectfully, and lend a hand willingly when needed.
If you are interested in joining our amazing, vibrant and fun cooperative community, please complete our Employment Application to be considered for employment. This may be filled out online at the link below, or you can pick one up when you visit our Co-op at 237 N. First Street, Ashland.