Are you interested in a year round position in our vibrant, fun cooperative community?
We have IMMEDIATE openings! We’re looking for hardworking, cheerful people with a passion for food, learning and creating delight for others.
Ashland Food Co-op is the region's only Certified Organic Retailer. We're dedicated to providing the best customer experience and the highest quality foods in the region.
We provide a workplace with opportunities for participation, empowerment and growth in an environment of mutual respect and cooperation. We offer highly competitive wages with regular pay increases, shift differential and weekend pay. Our outstanding benefits include:
- 15% Employee Discount on store purchases
- Generous Paid Vacation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account for Health and Child Care Expenses
- Paid Sick Days
- And many more benefits
Job Summary: To prepare deli items to maintain fully-stocked, attractive displays and provide prompt, friendly and helpful customer service. To perform a variety of tasks essential to the successful operation of a Deli Department.
- Current Oregon Food Handlers Card is required to be considered for employment. (Attach copy)
- Ability to stand throughout the shift and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week, any shift or day of the week including weekends and holidays. Natural and organic foods knowledge and experience a plus.
- Ideal candidates will be self-motivated and able to keep up with our very busy deli operation
- Enjoy working with a large team
- Excellent communication skills with positive and upbeat attitude
- Greet and interact with customers in a friendly way
- Provide prompt, attentive, and helpful customer service
- Seek out opportunities to provide extraordinary customer service
- Reliable and punctual attendance
- Treat all coworkers positively and respectfully, and lend a hand willingly when needed
- Work quickly and follow procedures
- Keep all displays and customer areas clean and organized
If you are interested in joining our amazing, vibrant and fun cooperative community, please complete our Employment Application to be considered for employment. This may be filled out online at www.ashlandfood.coop or you can pick one up when you visit our Co-op at 237 N. First Street, Ashland.