1 cup Bhutanese rice 1 pound chicken, cooked 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped 3 or 4 scallions, chopped 1 bunch asparagus, ends snapped, remaining stalks steamed and cut into bite size pieces Zest of one lemon 2 Cloves garlic, minced Lemon juice to equal 1/4 cup 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil 1 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled into the salad (optional)
- Wash and cook the rice in two cups water for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine the olives, scallions, asparagus , rice, and chicken in a bowl. Toss gently together.
- Combine the zest, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl, and beat well. Add the basil, and gently whisk again.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss again.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.