Do you want to keep toxic pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, hormones, antibiotics, and GMOs off your dinner plate? There is a simple answer. Eat more Certified Organic food. Really! It’s that easy! And we’ll help you navigate the tricky world of labels, Certified Organic and others.
Ashland Food Coop is launching an Organic Initiative in order to educate the public about the Organic difference. Whether you’ve “been organic” since the 60s and 70s, or if you’re relatively new to Organic food, and everywhere in between, we’d love to talk to you about why Certified Organic food is so much better than conventional, and even “natural” foods. Here are our three main messages:
Organic = NonGMO
- Certified Organic food is always GMO free. It’s the law.
- Certified Organic products have always been prohibited from using GMOs.
Organic, for people and planet
- Certified Organic is the only label that is guaranteed to support a range of environmental and social values.
- Organic agriculture uses NO toxic and persistent pesticides, synthetic growth hormones, or petroleum based fertilizers.
- Certified Organic products contain NO artificial colors, flavors, artificial preservatives, irradiated materials or GMOs.
Organic, it's worth it
- OG costs a little bit more, but think of it like paying for peace of mind, confidence, and the guarantee that your food is not only good for you, but that it is creating good in the world.
- Products marked as "natural" or “non GMO” have no such guarantee.
As a Certified Organic Retailer, the Coop ensures organic integrity from the farm to your table. It’s our top priority! It’s at the very heart of our mission and values. Organics are key to a sustainable food system. Buy Organic and be the change you wish to see in the world!