Ingredients2 baskets of fresh large strawberries
10 ounces of sweetened chocolate ( bars or chips; a combination of milk and dark chocolates or all of one type of chocolate may be used).
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Wash and gently dry the strawberries. Leave the stems on.
- Melt the chocolate: Make a double boiler by fitting a stainless steel or glass bowl on top of a saucepan that is half full of water. Place the chocolate in the bowl.
- Boil the water allowing the steam of the water to heat the bottom of the bowl and melt the chocolate.
- When the chocolate is melted turn off the burner.
- Holding the stem of the strawberry dip the berry into the melted chocolate carefully coating as much of the strawberry as possible.
- Lay the strawberry on the wax paper.
- After all the strawberries are dipped place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for at least one hour allowing the chocolate to solidify.