Prepared Foods Department Shift Leader
Join the team at the Ashland Food Co-op!
The Co-op is proud to provide our employees with a fun, professional workplace with opportunities for growth and advancement. Our employees receive affordable healthcare, 3.5 weeks of paid time off in your first year for vacation and sick days, matching 401k plan, a 15% employee discount on all store purchases, and so much more!
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Stand and walk for the entire shift.
- Schedule flexibility – must be available to work up to 40 hours per week, any shift or day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- Natural and organic food knowledge is a plus.
- Assist in monitoring the day to day department operations.
- Assist in training employees in department procedures and safe working procedures and monitor on a consistent basis.
- Prepare and ensure sanitation for product processing and handling according to the Dept. of Agriculture, Organic Handling standards, and department procedures.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Provide prompt, attentive, and helpful customer service.
- Reliable and punctual attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Treat all coworkers positively and respectfully, and lend a hand willingly when needed.
- Work quickly and follow procedures.
If you are interested in joining the Co-op team, please complete our Employment Application to be considered for employment. You can scan the QR code, visit our website at www.ashlandfood.coop, or pick up an application at our info desk on your next visit. We look forward to hearing from you!