Cashier - Front End Assistant
Job Summary: To work as part of the Front End Team to cashier, clean, assist customers, assist grocery, and assist owner services to ensure that customers are offered pleasant and friendly service.
The Ashland Food Co-op is looking for hardworking, courteous people to join our Front End Department!
Ashland Food Co-op is proudly the region’s only Certified Organic Retailer. We are dedicated to providing the best customer experience and the highest quality food and products to our shoppers each day.
We provide a fun, professional workplace with opportunities for participation, empowerment and growth in an environment of mutual respect and cooperation. At the Ashland Food Co-op, we put people, principles, and the planet before profit and take care of our employees with this principle in mind. We offer competitive wages with regular pay increases, shift differential and weekend pay. Some of our outstanding benefits include: excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid vacation, paid sick days, matching 401K plan, 15% employee discount on all store purchases….and many more!
- Cashiering experience preferred.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week, any shift or day of the week including weekends and holidays. Scheduling flexibility is required.
- Ability to stand throughout the shift and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Natural and organic foods knowledge and experience a plus.
- Provide prompt, attentive, and helpful customer service
- Interact with others in a positive and respectful way
- Duties include some store cleaning tasks
- Greet and interact with customers in a friendly way
- Provide prompt, friendly and helpful customer service.
- Seek out opportunities to provide extraordinary customer service
- Reliable and punctual attendance
- Treat all coworkers positively and respectfully, and lend a hand willingly when needed
- Work quickly and follow procedures
- Keep all displays and customer areas clean and organized
If you are interested in joining the Co-op team, please complete our Employment Application to be considered for employment. Click the link below to apply now, or pick up an application at our info desk on your next visit. We look forward to hearing from you!