Are you interested in a year round position in our vibrant, fun cooperative community?
We are expanding our Bakery Team and have IMMEDIATE openings! We’re looking for hardworking, cheerful people with a passion for food, learning and creating delight for others.
Ashland Food Co-op is the region's only Certified Organic Retailer. We're dedicated to providing the best customer experience and the highest quality foods in the region.
We provide a workplace with opportunities for participation, empowerment and growth in an environment of mutual respect and cooperation. We offer highly competitive wages with regular pay increases, shift differential and weekend pay. Our outstanding benefits include:
- 15% Employee Discount on store purchases
- Generous Paid Vacation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, benefits
- Paid Sick Days
- And many more benefits
Job Summary: To prepare deli items to maintain fully-stocked, attractive displays and provide prompt, friendly and helpful customer service. To perform a variety of tasks essential to the successful operation of a Deli Department.
- CURRENT OREGON FOOD HANDLERS CARD IS REQUIRED (Attach copy).
- Commercial or professional baking experience including breads, cakes/frosting, pies, pastries, pizza dough and working with myriad flour types is required. Organic baking experience is a plus.
- Ability to stand throughout the shift and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week, any shift or day of the week including weekends and holidays.
- Baking breads, cakes, frosting, pies, pastries, pizza dough and other specialties working with a myriad of flour types with a focus on organic and healthy.
- Plan a full day’s baking with maximum production value
- Ensure accurate and sanitary product processing, packaging, and pricing
- Greet and interact with customers in a friendly way
- Provide prompt, attentive, and helpful customer service
- Seek out opportunities to provide extraordinary customer service
- Reliable and punctual attendance
- Treat all coworkers positively and respectfully, and lend a hand willingly when needed
- Work quickly and follow procedures
- Keep all displays and customer areas clean and organized
If you are interested in joining our amazing, vibrant and fun cooperative community, please complete our Employment Application to be considered for employment. This may be filled out on-line at www.ashlandfood.coop, or you can pick one up when you visit our Co-op at 237 N. First Street, Ashland.