Traditional Basil Pesto
- 4 packed cups of fresh, rinsed and dry basil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 5-7 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1 ½ cups olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Roast walnuts in 350° oven for 5 minutes
- In a food processor, finely chop walnuts. Combine walnuts and cheese in a separate bowl.
- Back in the food processor, mince the garlic; add remaining ingredients and process into a uniform paste.
- Thoroughly combine basil mix with walnuts and cheese mixture.