Roasted Butternut Squash and Kale Sauté
- 1 Butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups kale, washed, stems removed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- Rogue Creamery Oregonzola cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the squash with the oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a cookie sheet with a rim. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Warm the butter in a large skillet that has a lid. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the squash and heat through, about 4 minutes.
- Pile the kale into the pan, and add the wine. Cover the pan and steam the kale until it is tender.
- When the kale is tender, remove the lid, and continue to cook by gently stirring the contents of the pan until enough of the wine has evaporated to make a sauce that’s not too soupy.
- Serve on a beautiful platter with the cheese crumbled on top and the Balsamic Vinegar drizzled over all.