Chili Verde with Pork
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 10-12 fresh Anaheim green chilies, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces lean pork cut into 1 inch square
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium and add the flour and cumin. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- When the flour begins to color, remove the pan from the heat, and add the stock, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Return the pan to the heat, and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes on low heat.
- Serve with hot flour tortillas or over basmati rice.