Apple Quinoa Salad
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon shallot finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup dried currents
- 1 Fuji apple cut into ¼ inch dice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the almonds on an ungreased cookie sheet. Roast for about 7 minutes or until the nuts are fragrant. Set aside to cool and then chop fine.
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and drain. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa, return to a boil, stir, cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender but still chewy. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Let cool.
- In a large bowl combine the honey, shallot, curry powder, salt, lemon juice and oil. Whisk well.
- Add the quinoa, currents, apple and almonds. Toss well.