October Celebrates Non-GMO Verified and Fair Trade Products
Last October over 1500 retailers across the country participated in the third annual Non-GMO Month and all experienced an average sales increase of 11.3% for Non-GMO Project Verified items. Nearly 700 new products were verified during the month making this one of the fastest growing sectors in the natural foods industry. This October watch for special promotions on verified products throughout the store and enjoy sampling them all month long at the Culinary Kiosk!
Fair Trade is a non-profit organization that helps farmers and workers in developing countries build sustainable businesses. The result positively influences entire communities and assures you that the chocolate, coffee, tea and grains you love are fairly brought to market. Many of the Fair Trade farmers and producers are cooperatives so you are also supporting the cooperative movement when you purchase Fair Trade products.
During the month of October watch for our special display of Fair Trade and Non-GMO Verified products. Some of them may be old friends to you, but others might be products you’d like to try. Take action in October, here’s a few suggestions:
● Watch for both the Non-GMO Verified and Fair Trade logos on products. Then
change from a non-verified product to one that is or try a Fair Trade coffee or chocolate
● Download the Non-GMO Project Shopping Guide for a listing of the most recently verified products.
● Buy only Non-GMO Verified or Fair Trade candy for trick or treats.
● Watch for the sales promotions throughout October on both Non-GMO Verified and Fair Trade products.
● Feel good about making choices that validate our right to know what’s in our food, and to choose Non-GMO for ourselves, our families and our planet. Know that when you support Fair Trade farmer and worker owned co-ops, you are changing the quality of life for entire communities around the world!