20 spears of asparagus or 20 green beans
1 pound of zucchini, yellow squash, or other in-season firm vegetables
2 red or yellow bell peppers, seeded
1 small red onion, peeled, and sliced into ½ inch rounds secured with
4 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
• Prepare the grill.
• Slice all vegetables in half lengthwise if they have a large diameter like the squash does. Asparagus and green beans may be left whole.
• Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
• Grill until tender and lightly charred. Turn every 3 to 4 minutes.
• Place on a large platter.
• Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
• Drizzle the dressing over the veggies while they are still warm.