4 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into ¼ inch strips
3 small yellow squash, cut lengthwise into ¼ inch strips
3 tablespoons safflower or sunflower oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup tightly packed cilantro
½ cup oil
2 tablespoons walnuts
1 clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon sea salt
8 6-inch tortillas, warmed
¾ cup feta cheese
Cilantro, coarsely chopped
• In a shallow pan, combine the oil, garlic, pepper and one teaspoon sea salt. Whisk together.
• Add the squash and toss well to coat with the oil.
• Grill, covered until the veggies are tender and have grill marks on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Cool slightly and cut crosswise into thin strips.
• In a blender, puree the cilantro, oil, walnuts, garlic and sea salt to make a pesto.
• To assemble the tacos, spoon some of the roasted squash on top of each tortilla and top with a drizzle of the pesto, some crumbled cheese and a sprinkle of cilantro.