4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup sea salt
¼ cup cane sugar
2 tablespoons white miso
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon tamari
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons peanut or toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted and crushed
1 scallion, sliced thin
10 cups salad mix, washed and cut into bite size pieces
• Pound the chicken breasts so they are evenly ½ inch thick.
• Combine the salt, sugar, and pepper with 1 quart water in a large pyrex baking dish. Add the chicken and brine in the fridge about 30 minutes. You may want to turn it once.
• Pat dry. Heat a large skillet, add some oil and sauté the chicken until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side. Alternately brush chicken with the oil and cook on a grill, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
• Whisk the miso, honey, tamari and water together. Gradually whisk in the oil. Stir in the sesame seeds and the scallion.
• Cut the chicken crosswise into ½ inch wide strips. In a serving bowl, toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
• Add the salad mix and remaining dressing. Toss to combine.