1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups whole grain spelt flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 sticks unsalted butter
Zest and juice of one lemon
4 cups fresh blueberries
½ cup cane sugar
4 teaspoons tapioca flour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Use the butter wrappers to grease a 9x13 inch pan.
• In a medium size bowl combine the sugar, baking powder, flour, sea salt and lemon zest.
• Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of the dough into the bottom of the pan.
• In another bowl combine the lemon juice, blueberries, ½ cup sugar and tapioca flour. Sprinkle this mixture over the crust.
• Crumble the remaining dough over the berry layer.
• Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until the top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
• Hint: the bars cut most easily if they are chilled first. Store in the fridge.